155 N. Cass Street
P. O. Box 98
Centerville, TX 75833
Visit our facebook page
HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Recording ends at 4 p.m.)
Any of our staff members can assist with document recording, copies, and general questions.
Mary Ann Hargrave - Birth and death registrar, burial transit and cremation permits, indexing
Amy Kaiser - Probate court, Civil court, Juvenile court, beer-and-wine licensing
Pat Jalufka - Criminal misdemeanor court
HOW DO I...
Get a Fee Schedule
Record a Document
Electronically File in Official Records - For questions, call Jason Miley at 214-887-7461.
Get Copies of Deeds
Get a Birth or Death Certificate - (All births within Texas, deaths for Leon Co. only.)
File Assumed Names/DBAs
Civil Court (Up to $10,000)
Criminal Court (misdemeanor)
More options (brand registration, location of foreclosure sales, military, etc.)
GUIDELINES FOR VISITING THE LEON COUNTY CLERK'S OFFICE
- We welcome the public! Anyone may research our indices and images for the most up-to-date information. We will show you how to use the indices, and you may perform your own searches.
- Our deed and official records also are online at www.texaslandrecords.com If you have questions about the website, call the helpline at 866-211-1802.
- There are 4 public search stations in our office. Deed and Official Records (1925 forward), Probate (1980-forward), Civil (2000-forward), Criminal (1995-forward), Plats, and Marriage Records (1885-forward) are available on these stations as well. Follow the instructions above the monitors.
- We are not attorneys, and cannot give any legal advice. We cannot answer any questions about what may or may not need to be filed.We are not qualified to determine ownership of any surface or mineral rights, or perform searches for any liens.
- Documents received after 4 p.m. will be recorded the next business day.
- Removal of any document, page or volume from our office is a state jail felony, and our offices are under camera surveillance.
- We are not responsible for any articles, belongings or computers left unattended in our office. Please take all belongings with you when you leave.
- NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY.
- Elections and voter registration information can be found with our Elections Administrator.
(best practices, etc.)
(lawyer referral service)
(forms and instructions)
(assist with legal issues, how to get started, etc.)
Tenth Court of Appeals serving Leon County.